November 26, 2015

HISTORICAL MARKER: THANKSGIVING 2015

Pulling over to celebrate Thanksgiving 2015.

I know there are "road comics" driving to their next gig this weekend and their Thanksgiving dinner is probably being served in a fast food bag at worst or it consists of a Iron Skillet or Waffle House meal at best. Be Safe My Friends.

I'm lucky enough to be home with family and friends, eating way too much of home cooked food. Of course I'm unlucky enough not to have a regular "road comic" career.  Although, I do a have a local gig this Saturday.

In honor of Thanksgiving and my past college days in radio and journalism, I leave you with a time-honored Thanksgiving tradition. Radio stations across America enjoy this tradition on Thanksgiving for what I suspect is two very good reasons.  One--This tradition allows them about twenty minutes to eat uninterrupted while sitting at their job, or Two--Twenty minutes to run to the restroom after possibly eating a large meal a few hours before their shift.

The best reasons are because it's kinda about Thanksgiving; it was controversial at the time, and most of all-- it is Damn Clever and Funny.

Enjoy Arlo Guthrie and eating out back of Alice's Restaurant.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM "COMEDY THIS EXIT"!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home