December 31, 2008

DO NOT REVERSE! SEVERE TIRE DAMAGE WILL RESULT!

It's the end of 2008, and as is the fashion of most blog writers, this would be the day to publish a year-in-review-look-back at some of the significant blog entries of "Comedy This Exit" over the past year.

But, since the archives are still small, I think readers can look back at the 2008 archives fairly easy without any direction.

2008 was a good year for me and stand-up comedy. I had paying gigs. Not as many as I would have liked, but in some circles I had more paying gigs than a lot of comics that I'm aware of. I made some good contacts, some good friends, and some money.

So, in keeping with the exit-sign-road-sign theme of this blog, my advice to myself comes in the form of those parking lot signs you see, warning you about those spikes that can make your tires go flat...

"DO NOT REVERSE! SEVERE TIRE DAMAGE WILL RESULT!"

I'm not looking back; I'm looking ahead.

Here's to 2009 and even more gigs, more attention to expanding my act, and more time on stage. Here's to being a feature act; even a headliner or a corporate comic.

And, I'll keep on networking with all the folks out there.

And, and, if you wanna network with me in 2009; I'm at ALL of these places.

DAVE'S MY SPACE

DAVE'S FACEBOOK

DAVE'S LINKED IN

DAVE'S TWITTER

DEMAND DAVE

DAVE ON THE COMEDY SOAPBOX

And of course, as always, you can leave comments here or at "On The Road With Dave".

Thanks for a great 2008.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home